Need to obtain or renew a license through the FDLE?
If you are an out of state resident of Florida and hold a professional license, there are some important facts you need to know…
- All professional licenses held in the state of Florida are processed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).
- This process became more difficult for out-of-state residents in 2013, when they stopped accepting ink fingerprint card submissions.
You need an FDLE Approved Vendor in GA!
As an FDLE Approved Live Scan provider, Safe Scan Fingerprinting has an all-inclusive FDLE Fingerprinting Service that will save you time and frustration.
Due to our proximity to the state, FDLE transmissions is one of our most sought-after services! We especially thank all the doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals licensed in Florida who trust us to make sure they can keep providing quality medical care.
To fully understand how this works, allow us to explain
The 5 Ws of FDLE Submissions
Does the FDLE’s decision to only accept Live Scan submissions affect?
Any of the million+ businesses and professionals licensed by the State of Florida. A list that includes, but is not limited to: electrical contractors, cosmetologists, veterinarians, real estate agents, hotels and restaurants and pari-mutuel wagering facilities.
Is qualified to process FDLE submissions for out of state applicants?
Only companies that are approved FDLE Vendors may submit fingerprints and related documents to the FDLE for processing. As a result of our partnership with PrintScan, Safe Scan Fingerprinting is now one of those approved vendors.
Does the FDLE Submission process entail?
To initiate an FDLE submission in Georgia, simply
- Contact Safe Scan Fingerprinting to schedule an appointment.
- Bring the ORI (Originating Agency Identifier) number issued by the Requesting Agency to your scheduled appointment. The ORI Number is a code provided by FDLE to identify the name and purpose of the requesting agency.
- Our trained Fingerprint Technicians will capture your fingerprints electronically using Live Scan technology.
- The fingerprints and required documentation are uploaded directly to the FDLE.
Will my Live Scan submission to the FDLE be processed?
Processing is typically completed within 3 business days of receipt of the electronic submission.
Are these services available?
Safe Scan Fingerprinting is open for business Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm EST. You can click here at any time to schedule an appointment online.
Do I need to go to receive services?
Safe Scan Fingerprinting’s unique service model provides 2 convenient options to choose from:
- You Can Come to Us– we maintain a safe, hygienic office located at 1341 Canton Road, Suite H, Marietta, GA 30066
- We Can Come to You – our mobile on-site service option provides a trained fingerprint technician who will bring a state-of-the-art portable fingerprint lab to a location of your choice, anywhere in the Georgia service area.
Can’t I simply mail a fingerprint card to the FDLE to obtain or renew my license?
While fingerprints have been an accredited form of identification since the 19th century, the technology used to capture and process prints has evolved. Electronic fingerprints like those captured by Live Scan are safer, faster, more accurate, hygienic, and secure than traditional ink fingerprint cards.
Should I contact Safe Scan Fingerprinting for my FDLE submission?
Accessibility. We are one of a very few licensed FDLE vendors in Georgia.
Experience. Our fingerprint technicians are all former law enforcement professionals.
Accuracy. We hold one of the lowest fingerprint rejection rates in the region.
Convenience. Our mobile on-site service option allows us to provide this service at a